Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 4, Give Me Something Crunchy

The new juicer arrived around 12 today. I had been waiting on it to make some juicy breakfast. That was probably my first mistake. You would think that I would have figured out by now that eating shortly after getting up is a good way to stay ahead of the hunger game. If I wait, then I'm playing catch up all day... and just not making any headway.

The delicious green drink was soooo tasty!! Of course, I was pretty damn hungry so I probably could have gotten down my drink from the other day without too many problems ;)
I had been craving spinach so badly all day yesterday so today has been very green. Such a nice change from all the fruit!

This phase has been a true test of will.
I have always liked crunchy food. When I'm eating, I like to feel like I'm working at it somehow. Unfortunately, most of the crunchy foods that I was eating came in bags of Lays or Doritos. Now I just REALLY want to eat a salad. I swear I'll be good. No dressing... just lots of crunchy veggies.

Well, I only have one more day to go then I can put my teeth back to work! Until then I will suffer. Solely drinking food just isn't natural and it sure doesn't help that everyone around me is eating all the normal stuff and the smells are marvelous! Apparently, when you're hungry the sense of smell works harder as a matter of survival- great! lol. And then of course there are all the pregnancy craving snacks and meals that just make me want to scream but at least the baby isn't growing inside of me ;P

I have no problem continuing on with the plant based diet after this but I can't say that I will commit myself to 5 days of only juicing anytime very soon. The way I feel... if I can make it through this... I can make it through anything! Maybe that's a bit dramatic but honestly, today was pretty tuff!

Day 4 is almost done! Bring on day 5 so I can kick it in the ass and chew some food!
I'll start counting down the hours now!

No comments:

Post a Comment