Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sensory Overload

Blissful existence didn't happen today. boo

I figure that tomorrow will be my day of "oh, this was a great idea and yes- I can totally do this" ...maybe ;P
If it turns out not to be the day that keeps me going than I suppose I'll just have to keep going until that day arrives. I know I can do it but we all need those little moments of cheeriness to keep us swimming through the mud.

My senses have been working overtime today. Eyesight is marvelous... seeing everything in the pantry that is not good for me... not so marvelous... eyes staying stuck on said items, crappy. lol
The smells of cooking food have been constant. Nona's stuffing was made early today and it smelled delightful which got me thinking about Thanksgiving, which in turn got me thinking about cookie making for Christmas... yeah, weird how your brain can just jump a couple months at the smell of something familiar. Anyway, survived all that.
Sometime later sloppy joe's were made. Now, I don't even like sloppy joe's but because I was staring at a glass full of green goop, they sounded and smelled wonderful. lol. All I have to focus on is the fact that I haven't needed any Tums throughout these last 4 days and yeah... I'd be tossing back a good handful if I was to indulge. Not worth it. Plus, I'm totally waiting for the day of bliss. I don't want to miss it :)
As I write this, the hypnotizing, mouth-watering aroma of a neighbor's barbeque is wafting through the house. Lord help me. haha

Oh. The other part of this day that has been food-focused is my book. Sheesh, I just can't escape. I'm reading "The Help" and so far, they are either preparing to cook, cooking, eating or cleaning up after eating. lol. Great book by the way, I recommend it... umm, might wanna wait til the day of bliss comes before starting it though.

Speaking of cleaning up-- it seems as though I am spending soooooo much time cleaning up after vegetables. lol. I mean, how hard should this be? Rinse them, vroom them, drink them, wash up. There's just such a mess from all the pulp stuck to the little screen thing that it takes me 15 minutes just for that part. (I might be going a little overboard making sure it's super clean but I have these OCD issues and avoiding germs or damaged parts keeps me scrubbing.) Anyway, each time I pull the juicer apart I dribble all the way to the sink and each time it happens I'm like... duh, you did this last time, put down a damn napkin. grrr

By the way, to all you supporters out there... THANK YOU! You are too kind :D
Day of bliss... I await thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment