Friday, September 16, 2011

Me... Vegan??

I've made day 2 my bitch!

Who ever would have thought that I would be able to classify myself in the "vegan" category... like, ever?? I never even bothered to go through the, "I'm a vegetarian" phase as a kid. But, here I am, no meat, no dairy, sheesh... nothing but fruits and veggie's. Go me! :P

I've always thought about the vegans as complete whacko's... healthy whacko's but you know, still nuts. Since I was crazy to begin with I suppose that I blend into the category just fine.

The odd thing about not eating meat or indulging in any dairy products is that I was raised in a place where people kill animals for food... I know people that show cows at the state fair and I'm assuming, eventually eat them (I could be wrong there). My point being, It's just not anything I'm used to.

So, how am I feeling? Well, everything I've read said to expect to feel like complete shit, that I would be laying in bed crying and have absolutely no energy... not the case! Hopefully, day 2's horrible reputation doesn't catch up with me double time tomorrow.
Overall, I feel pretty good. Mild headache but that's really nothing new; pains in all the normal spots from the robbery-also, not new; and some very random charlie horse's and cramps in joints which just encouraged me to drink a ton more water. I've either got a high threshold for pain or the worst is yet to be seen. oh boy :-/

A small benefit today is a 4 pound loss. Water weight... and well, you know --had to be really careful with random coughing or sneezing-- I'm cleeeean. If you get my drift.

The super happiness of the process so far... I haven't taken even 1 Tums since the night before I started this. Huge motivator right there! I can't tell you how many Tums was being consumed because I honestly have no clue but if I had any better foresight, I would've bought stock!

Day 2 is nearly over and all is well... please be kind to me day 3 ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment